SEATTLE, WA – 1 June 2017 – Blood Cell Storage, Inc. (BCSI), a world leader in pH sensing technologies, today announced the availability of the latest generation of software for BCSI’s SAFE Sens TrakStation® and TrakPod® technology.
This new release, Version 1.0.7, provides many user requested features and enhancements, including:
- Drag & Drop:allows intuitive arrangement of TrakPod’s on the Home screen;
- Enhanced Plotting: including:
- Enhanced data display allowing more than thirty (30) data points to be simultaneously displayed;
- Data from past tests are viewable on the current plot, differentiated by color;
- “Multi-touch” enabled for pan, zoom, and scale (similar to smart phone capability);
- TrakPod Summary: Display summary on the Home screen now includes the current test’s Test ID and pHID;
- Multi-start pH Test Capability: allows creation of pH tests on multiple TrakPods;
- Software Licensing Functionality: Used to authorize specific tablet hardware or individual TrakPods;
- UI Refinements:
- Newly-clickable text next to “Download Data” and “Mail Logs and Data” check boxes;
- Status bar at bottom is now locked to bottom of screen, and not bottom of the page;
- “Drift Correction” and “Set pH Limits” menus now display only currently – authenticated pods;
- Creation of downloadable pH data files is now much faster;
- Better email address validation.
“We have listened to our key opinion leaders (KOL) and customers intensely over the last nine (9) months since the inception of the TrakStation,” said Russ Aldrich, CEO of BCSI. “This new release provides improvements in stability and ease of use designed to make our continuous monitoring solutions easier, more functional and better suited to existing and new customers in the IVF community.”
TrakStation and TrakPod are the latest generation of continuous pH monitoring laboratory instruments from BCSI. With the capability of monitoring and logging pH data from one (1) to eight (8) chambers simultaneously. The system provides lab managers or clinicians with assurance of a stable incubator pH environment throughout the five (5) to seven (7) day IVF cycle. In contrast to systems that spot monitor pH, this unique surrogate continuous pH monitoring approach does not require opening and closing of incubator doors, thus allowing an uninterrupted incubation cycle and promoting better outcomes for IVF procedures.
The system requires no expensive calibration or adjustments during its’ use. One disposable sensor lasts the entire 7-day cycle and is replaced between cycles. A reusable QC alignment tool adjusts the instrument to factory specifications in under ten (10) seconds after each cycle is complete; the QC alignment tool is replaced annually.
About BCSI (www.safesens.com)
Blood Cell Storage Inc. (BCSI), based in Seattle, Washington, is an international laboratory instrument and medical devices company. BCSI’s patented technology and products benefit patients, clinicians, researchers, pathologists and doctors. In addition to IVF monitors, the company’s fluorescent dyes, micro-fluidics, nucleic acid extraction capabilities and automated systems reduce healthcare costs and improve patient outcomes. BCSI is represented in over twenty (20) countries world-wide and has OEM relationships with Astec, Labotect and Esco Medical.
For more information, please contact:
Blood Cell Storage, Inc.